Unboxing and First Impressions Forced/IndieBox (PC):

Hey everyone. Well, it’s been almost a week since PAX East went by, and I have to admit, I wasn’t thrilled with it. It was ok, but, really, for me it was too big… anything I could want to do was probably going to require me to waste hours in line, be it play something huge coming out (like the expansion to Guild Wars 2 being demonstrated there) or meeting a few of the youtube people I watch regularly (Im a big-time fan of Markiplier and James Rolf (aka the AVGN)). In short, I got a very “Otakon” feel of the event. Fun, but just not as good as I wanted.

Still, I didn’t leave empty handed. A small company named IndieBox was sitting in one of the corners of the main floor, and it was actually my brother who found it and wandered in first. This alone was a surprise because he really doesn’t play PC games… at all, but it was also a pleasant surprise because I’ve been watching this small company with interest, but suspicion.

You see, Indiebox is a subscription service where they send their subscribers a new PC game every month that you would not be able to get a physical copy of any other way. In their own words, they are trying to “bring back the box.” I have to admit, I like the idea, as well as how many of their boxes seem to mimic classic console boxes, but the idea that every one of them is guaranteed to come with a soundtrack among other extras makes it a very interesting idea. But, if you know me, you know I pay very close attention to who I’m paying for what. There are a lot of scams on the web, so until I know the company well, I don’t feel ok giving them a credit card number, much less one that will then be charged again as a subscription fee. So this was an opportunity to give them a chance for myself.

The library onhand was pretty much all games I either had or didn’t want, except for one…. I picked up Forced before the end of the day. And on getting home, decided I was going to try my hand at unboxing a product I knew very little about. This is my first unboxing ever, but have a look at what happened:

My final verdict is a game that seems like it’s going to be a lot of fun, especially around the living room TV later with a few friends later on and a pretty good service (though I am still surprised has no installation so much as “unzip to your hard drive”). Will I buy in? Probably, but I’m waiting for a title I want to start the subscription. I have a lot of games to get to, so it may be a while.

This video also taught me a few things about making such videos (as it’s my first), so expect if/when I subscribe to see more better videos like this to show up.

Thank you, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment