As time goes on, I hope to release a lot more posts like this one. After all, I've had a lot of fun being able to do give-aways on the big night, and this year will be no exception. If anything, it's going to be more personal, as I have made a few changes in how I'm picking these titles... so come on in, take a load off, and let's see what we will be giving someone on the big night.
So what are we adding? Well, why not give you the current full list of games? (New additions are bold and if I finished with the game recently enough for a review to be on this site, it’s linked.)
- The 7th Guest
- Deus Ex
- Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition
- Half-Life 2
- Hard Reset
- Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders
- Hexen: Deathkinds of the Citidel
- Hexen 2
- On the Rain-Slick Precipiece of Darkness (Penny Arcade 3)
- On the Rain-Slick Precipiece of Darkness (Penny Arcade 4)
- Plants vs Zombies
- Quantum Conundrum
- Realms of the Haunting
- Raptor: Call of the Shadows
- Saturday Morning RPG
- Serious Sam Classics: Revolution
- Shadow Warrior
- System Shock 2
- Unreal Gold Edition
- Unreal 2
But how is this list more personal? Well, before this year, I picked out games that I was interested in myself, but not necessarily games I had played and therefore could personally recommend. This changes this year, as every game I’m adding to the pile is a game I have played (if not finished in some cases) and personally loved playing. Now please keep in mind if the game is somehow left over from previous raffles, I’m not going to hold it back because I haven’t gotten to it myself… but that applies to exactly three titles here. Everything new to the list this year is chosen based on my memories playing it.
In addition, there is one more rule being added to the selection… I am now tracking the games added to the raffles to avoid repeating between years and to make the raffle more interesting. As such, unless specific circumstances occur (bundle too good to pass up for the raffle or for reasons unforeseen a game can not be given away that year), we will avoid adding a game to a raffle we have previously given away.
And as always, these are all PC Steam titles. Please keep this in mind when entering the raffle to try to win these games.
So, how do you enter? Well let me re-iterate for you:
- Click that "Make a Donation" button under the thermometer to the right of this website.
- Welcome to the Red Sector's Extra Life page. Click the word Roster.
- You will now be looking at the gamers that make up our team. Click the name you want to donate to.
- Now that you are on one of our individual pages, click the "Support Me" button on the page. (If you want to see which hospital the gamer is playing for, it will be at the bottom of this page, and every gamer will be playing for a different team)
- Fill in the information and make sure to include an email we can reach you in the message box. (You can make it so only the gamer can see it if you like.)
And with that, every $5 you add will count as a single entry in the raffle… and on Nov 5th during the big night, we will give it all to the raffle winner. A dice roll will be used to choose the winner and depending on the amount of entries we will have to choose between the number of sides on the die, or if it’s selection or elimination. These details will become clearer as he event draws closer.