Extra Life 2015 Update I

http://redsectorshutdown.blogspot.com/2015/06/extra-life-update-i.html


On November 7th, gamers around the world will unite to help beat back childhood diseases, and we will all need your help to do it, so I'm hoping you all keep the big day free. As per our usual, Red Sector will be taking part in the big event called Extra Life, and just as last year we will still need your help to do it. We have a few big updates to the night I want to share with you all, involving how you can help, updates to the raffle we have planned, and even the start of the plans for the night, so please... step inside.

First and foremost, I must say right now that I believe in putting my money where my mouth is, so if you look at our total, that $25 is me saying this is all official. Yes, I know I already gave my kick-off entry a month and a half ago, but this is always the moment I consider I'm personally beginning.

But that is not the only thing I have to announce today. Right now, it looks as if the Red Sector team will be doing our thing live and local during the big event, which allows us to plan for some special treats we could not do otherwise this year. Expect we will have a solid mix of PC, console, and live games during the marathon this year. Right now, I'm working out the plans to get Spaceship Artemis among the planned events. (I even has a choice captain already... this is gonna be a blast!)

But finally I think I promised all of you raffle last time I spoke up. Well, I think now we officially have enough games I'm ready to launch it. What games are they? Well let's have a look at the list:

  • Descent
  • Descent II
  • Descent 3
  • The GhostBuesters: The Video Game
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch
  • Shadowgate (2014)
  • Uninvited (Classic)
  • Penny Arcade Part 3
  • Penny Arcade Part 4
  • Anyodyne
  • Space Quest 1-6
  • The Star Wars Collections 2015
    • Republic Commando
    • Dark Forces
    • Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
    • Jedi Knight - Mysteries of the Sith
    • Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    • Jedi Knight Acadaemy
    • Battlefront II
    • Starfighter
    • Knights of the Old Republic
    • Knights of the Old Republic II
    • Clone Wars
    • The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Edition
    • The Force Unleashed II
    • The Empire At War
There is always a chance I will add more to this list, and with the summer sale on Steam looming, that is probably a lot more likely then not.

So how do you enter the raffle? The answer to that is as simple as it gets: donate to Extra Life under a team member of the Red Sector. It realy doesn't matter which one, just pick one (different team members can be playing for different hospitals if that makes a difference to you) and donate:

  1. Click the handy-dandy thermometer on the right side of this web-page for a shortcut to the team's extra life page. On this page click "Roster" to see a list of gamers playing with us. (Alternatively, you can go to http://www.extra-life.com and put "Red Sector" in the search for player field if you are the kind to want to do this by hand. Anyone in the list with "Red Sector" under their name is playing on our team.)
  2. Select the player of your choice to see their personal page and what hospital they are playing for. Once you have chosen a player, "Support me" on this page will lead you to the donation screen.
  3. Fill out the information on the following page as you normally would donating to any charity event online, but for one detail. On the second page, you will be asked if you want to make your name and email visible. We need you to make sure your email is visible at least to the player you are donating to. The reason for this is because the raffle will be given away as Steam Gifts, so we need a place to send them should you win.
And that's the whole process. Please keep in mind these Steam games are from the American market and we really have no control over if they will work in another country. I personally picked these games up to give them out because frankly, I loved being able to do it last year and wanted to do it again on top of being a part of this rather epic event.

SO thank you for listening, and please, join us on Nov 7th. Already we are on track for another record-breaking year, and together, we can help more kids then ever before...

No comments:

Post a Comment